General Terms & Conditions for all vehicles:
The motorcycle, scooter, moped or bicycle (hereinafter referred to as the vehicle) may only be driven or ridden by the Renter. If the Renter allows a non listed driver to drive, ride or move the vehicle; the Renter will be fully responsible for any damages caused to the vehicle, its occupants and/or third parties. Regardless of fault, all los or estimated damage including loss of use, claims processing fees and administration charges while renting under this agreement will be paid by the Renter upon first demand.
- For each vehicle we take a deposit. The deposit can be made cash or with credit card. Any extra charge or exchange rates for using the credit card, charged by the credit card company are for risk of the renter.
- Any collision or accident causing damages, no matter if third parties or third parties properties are involved or not; must be reported immediately to Scooters Bonaire,
Tel: (00599) 796 2000 or 717 1818
- Flat tires are not included in the rental price. The costs to repair it are USD 12,50.
- The vehicle may only be driven on paved roads. In case of having a flat tire, break down, collision or damage on unpaved or rough roads; a pick up charge of USD 50,00 will be extra added to the cost of the damage on your bill.
- A rental day is 24 hours. In case of returning too late an extra rental day can be added to your bill. The rent has to be paid in front. In case of extending the rental day(s), Scooters Bonaire tel: (00599) 796 2000 or 717 1818 has to be informed before the vehicle has to be back. The vehicle has to be returned to the rental location: Scooters Bonaire, Kaya Grandi #70-B, Kralendijk. For pick up the vehicle from another location an extra charge will be added to your bill. When the rental shop is closed, it is possible to return the vehicle at the drop off point. The drop off point is only available between 8 am and 5 pm. Outside these hours a safety charge of USD 50,00 will be charged.
- The rent has to be paid in advance. There is no refund on earlier return. Without the prior approval of Scooters Bonaire, it is not allowed to service or repair the vehicle. Renter will be held fully responsible for all unauthorized repairs.
- The Renter will pay all fines, penalties and costs imposed for parking or traffic violations with respect to the vehicle, while rented under this agreement. Renter will promptly report such violations to Scooters Bonaire and will compensate and hold Scooters Bonaire harmless from all claims and costs arising out of such violations, including expenses in connection with the handling of such matters.
- Scooters Bonaire is at all times permitted to debit Renter’s deposit for overdue rental rates and/or costs of damages.
- Changes in this agreement can only be made in writing signed by both Renter and Scooters Bonaire. The word vehicle in this agreement includes where appropriate, the vehicle, its tires, tools, equipment, accessories, documents and locks.
- Whenever the Renter leaves the vehicle unattended it should be locked properly.
- Scooters Bonaire has the right to determine the damage on the vehicle.
- Cancellation policy; for reservations made by e-mail/internet we ask a down payment of 50% from the total rental amount. Reservations regarding Cruise packages (1-day rentals) will be charged a down payment of the total rent amount.
Cancelling the reservation at least 1 (one) week prior the reserved rental period: the down payment will be refunded.
Cancelling the reservation less than 1 (one) week prior the reserved rental period: the down payment will be refunded with a voucher for the amount paid. This voucher has to be redeemed within one year.
In case of a no show without informing us in advance: the full rental amount will be charged and there is no refund.
Extra Terms & condition for motorcycles, scooters or mopeds
- The scooter/moped renter/driver has to have a minimum age of 18 year and must be in possession of a valid driving license for a car.
- The motorcycle renter/driver has to have a minimum age of 18 years and must be in possession of a valid motorcycle license.
- It is not allowed to carry more than 2 persons on a motorcycle/scooter including the driver, on a moped only the driver is allowed.
- The rented motorcycle, scooter or moped insurance covers damages caused to third parties and occupants; other than the Renter or Driver and his/her family up to a total maximum limit of USD 84.000,00 per collision or accident. Renter is fully responsible for any damages exceeding this sum. The insurance does not cover any damages caused to third parties under USD 150,00. (own risk) The Renter is responsible for any damages not exceeding USD 150,00. The Renter is fully responsible for any and all damages ( a.o. total loss) or theft caused to the motorcycle, scooter or moped which are not covered by the insurance or any optional extra insurance as referred to in this agreement.
- Driving under influence of alcohol, drugs or other substance known to impair driving ability will void the insurance coverage and will make the Renter fully responsible for any and all damages caused by or to the rented motorcycle, scooter or moped.
- Fuel is not included in the rental price. The motorcycle, scooter /moped will be rented out with a tank full of fuel (unleaded/benzine) and should be delivered full with fuel. In case of not refilling the tank, the fuel will be charged TWICE THE CUSTOMER PRICE! In case of stranding because of not refilling the fuel tank on time, an extra pick up charge of USD 50,00 will be added to your bill.
- It is not allowed to participate with the motorcycle, scooter or moped in any test, race or contest. Violation of this prohibition will void the insurance cover and makes the Renter fully responsible for any and all damages caused.
- Theft of the scooter or moped is not covered by an insurance, so the Renter is fully responsible for theft of the scooter or moped. There is a possibility to ransom the responsibility . For a theft premium of USD 6,00 extra per day; the theft of the scooter or moped will be restricted to the price of the deposit of USD 500,00. There is a possibility to ransom the responsibility of the motorcycle; for a theft premium of USD 6,00 extra per day; the theft of the motorcycle will be restricted to the price of the deposit of USD 750,00. In case of a cash deposit the Renter is obliged to take the theft premium.
- Damage on, or theft of the rented motorcycle, scooter or moped is not covered. There is a possibility to ransom the responsibility. For a premium of USD 12,50 per day, the damage on or theft of the scooter /moped will be restricted to the amount of the deposit of USD 500,00; for the motorcycle it will be restricted for the amount of the deposit of USD 750,00.
Extra terms & condition for all types of bicycles
We advise to store the bicycle (s) overnight in your room or apartment.
- Theft of the bicycle is not covered by an insurance, so the Renter is fully responsible for theft of the bicycle. There is a possibility to ransom the responsibility . For a premium of USD 6,00 extra per day; the theft of the bicycle will be restricted to the price of the deposit of USD 300,00. There is a possibility to ransom the responsibility of the electric bicycle; For a premium of USD 6,00 extra per day the theft of the bicycle will be restricted to the price of the deposit of USD 500,00. In case of a cash deposit the Renter is obliged to take the premium for theft.
- On this agreement is the law of Bonaire C.N. applicable.