TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The motorcycle, scooter or bicycle (hereinafter referred to as the vehicle) may only be driven or ridden by the Renter and on the contract listed authorized drivers. If the Renter allows a non listed driver to drive, ride or move the vehicle; Scooters Bonaire has the right to add a USD 50 charge on the bill and the Renter will be fully responsible for any damages caused to the vehicle, its occupants and/or third parties. Regardless of fault, all loss or estimated damage including loss of use, claims processing fees and administration charges while renting under this agreement will be paid by the Renter upon first demand.
2. For each vehicle we take a deposit. The deposit can be made cash or with credit card. Any extra charge or exchange rates for using the credit card, charged by the credit card company are for risk of the renter.
3. Any collision or accident causing damages, no matter if third parties or third parties properties are involved or not; must be reported immediately to Scooters Bonaire, Tel: (00599) 796 2000 or (00599) 717 1818.
4. Flat tires are not included in the rental price. The costs to repair it are USD 12,50. This does not apply when the Renter has paid for the bicycle or scooter service package.
5. The vehicle may only be driven on paved roads. In case of having a flat tire, break down, collision or damage on unpaved or rough roads; a pick up charge of USD 50,00 will be extra added to the cost of the damage on your bill.
6. A rental day is 24 hours. In case of returning too late an extra rental day can be added to your bill. The rent has to be paid in front. In case of extending the rental day(s), Scooters Bonaire tel: (00599) 796 2000 or (00599) 717 1818 has to be informed before the vehicle has to be back. The vehicle has to be returned to the rental location: Scooters Bonaire, Kaya Grandi #70-B, Kralendijk. For pick up the vehicle from another location an extra charge will be added to your bill. When the rental shop is closed, it is possible to return the vehicle at the drop off point. The drop off point is only available between 8 am and 5 pm. Outside these hours a safety charge of USD 50,00 will be charged.
7. The rent has to be paid in advance. There is no refund on earlier return.
8. Without the prior approval of Scooters Bonaire, it is not allowed to service or repair the vehicle. Renter will be held fully responsible for all unauthorized repairs.
9. The Renter will pay all fines, penalties and costs imposed for parking or traffic violations with respect to the vehicle, while rented under this agreement. Renter will promptly report such violations to Scooters Bonaire and will compensate and hold Scooters Bonaire harmless from all claims and costs arising out of such violations, including expenses in connection with the handling of such matters.
10. Scooters Bonaire is at all times permitted to debit Renter’s deposit for overdue rental rates and/or costs of damages.
11. Changes in this agreement can only be made in writing signed by both Renter and Scooters Bonaire. The word vehicle in this agreement includes where appropriate, the vehicle, its tires, tools, equipment, accessories, documents and locks.
12. Whenever the Renter leaves the vehicle unattended it should be locked properly. All the provided locks should be used.
13. Scooters Bonaire has the right to determine the damage on the vehicle as well as the present value in case of theft.
14. Scooters Bonaire has the right to increase rental prices for rental agreements that last longer than three months. This price increase should be announced at least one month before the new price becomes effective. The customer is allowed to terminate the contract after receiving the new pricing proposal.
Extra terms and conditions for motorcycles and scooters
15. The scooter renter/driver has to have a minimum age of 16 year and must be in possession of a valid driving license for a car or scooter. The motorcycle renter/driver has to have a minimum age of 18 years and must be in possession of a valid motorcycle driving license.
16. It is not allowed to carry more than 2 persons on a motorcycle/scooter including the driver. If a motorcycle/scooter is seen by staff of Scooters Bonaire carrying more than 2 persons, Scooters Bonaire has the right to add a USD 50 charge on the bill and the Renter will be fully responsible for any damages caused to the vehicle, its occupants and/or third parties.
17. The rented motorcycle, scooter insurance covers damages caused to third parties and occupants; other than the Renter or Driver and his/her family up to a total maximum limit of USD 84.000 per collision or accident. Renter is fully responsible for any damages exceeding this sum. The insurance does not cover any damages caused to third parties under USD 150 (own risk/insurance deductible). The Renter is responsible for any damages not exceeding USD 150. The Renter is fully responsible for any and all damages (a.o. total loss) or theft caused to the motorcycle or scooter which are not covered by the insurance or any optional extra insurance as referred to in this agreement.
18. Driving under influence of alcohol, drugs or other substance known to impair driving ability will void the insurance coverage and/or service package and will make the Renter fully responsible for any and all damages caused by or to the rented motorcycle or scooter.
19. Fuel is not included in the rental price. The motorcycle or scooter will be rented out with a tank full of fuel (unleaded/benzine) and should be delivered full with fuel. In case of not refilling the tank, the fuel will be charged TWICE THE CONSUMER PRICE! In case of stranding because of not refilling the fuel tank on time, an extra pick up charge of USD 50,00 will be added to your bill.
20. It is not allowed to participate with the motorcycle or scooter in any test, race or contest. Violation of this prohibition will void the insurance cover and makes the Renter fully responsible for any and all damages caused.
21. Theft or damage of the scooter is not covered by an insurance, so the Renter is fully responsible for theft or damage of the motorcycle or scooter. There is a possibility to ransom the responsibility. For a premium (called scooter service package) of USD 7,50 extra per day; the responsibility in case of theft of the motorcycle or scooter will be restricted to the price of the deposit of USD 500 and in case of damage on the motorcycle or scooter will be restricted to the amount of USD 0. This only applies when the vehicle has been locked properly with the chain lock through the rim of the rear wheel and the renter can present the keys. Furthermore does a violation of other terms and conditions of this agreement also void the ransom possibility. In case of a cash deposit (or bankwire) the Renter is obliged to take the scooter service package.
Extra terms & conditions for all types of bicycles
23. We advise to store the bicycle(s) overnight in your room or apartment.
24. Theft of the bicycle is not covered by an insurance, so the Renter is fully responsible for theft of the bicycle. There is a possibility to ransom the responsibility. For a premium (called bicycle service package) of USD 6 extra per day; the responsibility in case of theft of the bicycle will be restricted to the price of the deposit of USD 300 (USD 500 for electric bicycle) and in case of damage on the bicycle will be restricted to the amount of USD 0. This only applies when the vehicle has been locked properly with the extra lock and the renter can present the keys. In case of a cash deposit (or bankwire) the Renter is obliged to take the bicycle service package
25. Flat tire pick up service is USD 25. This does not apply when the Renter has paid for the bicycle service package.
26. On this agreement is the law of Bonaire C.N. applicable. All disputes arising out of or in connection with this agreement will be resolved by the court of Bonaire C.N.: Gerecht in eerste aanleg van Bonaire, Sint Eustatius en Saba.